If you're traveling to Cancun from abroad, you should be aware of the Cancun Customs regulations. This will help to make your arrival at Cancun International Airport a lot easier, and ensure that you start your experience on Mexico’s Caribbean coast without any delays or set-backs.
Keep in mind the following travel tips, which are sure to prove useful and help you to avoid any unpleasant surprises. The following are items that you can bring with you in your suitcases and are considered as part of your personal luggage:
- * Personal items that you’ll use during your vacation in Cancun, such as clothes, shoes (including bridal wear), and toiletries, as long as they are of a quantity appropriate for the trip.
- * Medicine you'll need during your visit. If you take any controlled medication, you should also bring the original prescription.
- * Two devices for recording or playing images and digital sound or one portable device for recording images or playing sound or both, one set of portable speakers, one DVD player.
- * Baby items, such as a stroller, a car seat, or a walker can be included in the luggage.
- * A pair of binoculars, one telescope, two cameras or video cameras.
- * Three cell phones, a GPS, a PDA, one computer, such as a laptop, a notebook or similar, a printer or photocopier, a burner and a projector, along with a stereo to record or reproduce sound (all of the above must be portable).
- * Two items of personal sporting equipment, trophies or awards, these must be able to be transported by one passenger. Three surfboards (with or without a sail), a tent, and up to four fishing rods and accessories.
- * Up to 30 compact discs, 10 DVDs, 5 laser discs, 3 software packages, 5 devices to store whatever type of electronic information, and a reasonable amount of magazines or books (no for resale).
- * Up to five toys (in case of a set, every individual toy is considered an item), which must be able to be carried by one person in a natural manner. One games console and five games, very useful for families!
- * One toolkit, which can include screwdrivers, pliers, cable, a drill and other hand tools.
- * Two musical instruments that must not be too loud and must be able to be carried with ease by a single person.
- * The handicapped and the elderly can bring items with them that reduce their disability, such as a pair of crutches, a wheel chair, a cane, a stroller, a device for measuring blood pressure and blood sugar level etc.
- * If you are over 18 years of age, you can bring in up to 10 packs of cigarettes, 25 cigars, or 200 grams of tobacco, along with up to six liters of table wine and three liters of alcoholic drinks (a maximum of 9 drinks)
The idea is to make your stay in Cancun as easy as possible, to allow you to get the most out of your time here. Come and discover the fantastic attractions in Cancun!